At last, almost two years since I started the engine rebuild it was time to verify if all my posts on the blog were done correctly. So far so good. Final answer will come after the first test run. Getting the license plate next week. Most of the work on the motor was done after I completed the “Man Cave” and the Man Cave was essential for a successful ending. Old and blind I need light and space for such a job. Hopefully this blog can be at inspiration for others working with the same GT 750 issues and pleasures 🙂
Put the kettle on:
Click on the images for detailed view
No decals are used, all hand painted by my nephew Thomas Grenasberg.
Mounting of engine and rear wheel
A hard work this weekend. Cleaning and polishing the engine. In the end of the week I will try to mount the engine in the frame.
It is time to start working on the engine. Last season there was some oil leakage from the engine. It was difficult to spot exact where the leakage was, but one place was for sure, the gear indicator switch was loose and the oil came out. I don’t know the history of this engine from 1976, I will therefore change all oil seals and O-rings in the area where I had the oil leakage, no 1, 2 and 3. Please see the photos.
I was lucky and got some help from my friends on facebook , advice about how to remove the oil seals.
Calipers and brake hose are mounted. I have to buy some new rubber parts, + bleeder for the brake fluid. New Suzuki decals are also in place.
Before and after polishing and nickel plating